The Cecil College Athletics Hall of Fame is now accepting nominations for the class of 2019. The deadline for nominations is Friday, December 21, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. The class will be announced in late January 2019 and recognized as the inaugural class on Saturday, March 30, 2019 on the campus of Cecil College. To nominate a qualified candidate, click here.
Cecil College Athletics Hall of Fame Mission
The purpose of the Cecil College Athletics Hall of Fame is to honor individuals who, through participation, support or interest, have made outstanding contributions to or brought recognition to the athletic programs at Cecil College.
The hall of fame's inaugural class will be celebrated in 2019, and a committee of alumni, current coaches and staff plan to elect a new class each year. The class will be honored at a banquet each year. Each inductee will receive a Hall of Fame plaque that will be displayed inside the PE Complex on Cecil College's North East campus.
- Superior accomplishment as a student athlete at Cecil College (all-region, all-district, All-American, etc.)
- Graduated from Cecil College or Four Year Institution
- Graduation/Transfer from Cecil College at least 5 years prior to nomination
- Exemplified characteristics of integrity, sportsmanship, as well as citizenship before during and after graduation/transfer
- Nominee must have coached or been an Administrator at least 5 years at Cecil College
- Nominee is eligible immediately upon retirement or at the end of tenure at Cecil College
- Exhibited good sportsmanship, leadership and citizenship while at Cecil College
- Significant contributions made to the overall Athletic program (longevity, overall record, championships, support of student athletes)
- Significant contributions to individual sport as a team, including records, championships won, etc.
- Significant contribution to Cecil College Athletics, this may involve general support of a specific support for one or more sports
- Nominee must have proven herself/himself in service to Cecil College or service to specific sport being nominated for
Selection Criteria for Induction
- Nominee must have majority of the votes of the Hall of Fame Committee for approval
- Any nominee not voted for induction to Cecil College Athletics Hall of Fame during the year of his/her nomination will remain in consideration for 5 years following their nomination. After that period of time the nominee must be re-nominated for consideration
- A nominee may be deceased and recognition will be accepted on behalf of the nominee, if necessary
- The Cecil College Hall of Fame Committee will determine the number of inductees in the inaugural year with the approval of the Athletic Director and the Vice-President of Government and Community Relations
- Following the first induction ceremony, no more than 10 individuals will be inducted annually
Materials Required for all Nominations
- Completed Nomination Form - click here